This guide is designed for optimal navigation on eReaders, smartphones, and other mobile electronic devices. It is indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Articles feature information about attractions, landmarks, districts, transportation, cultural venues, dining, history and much more. Addresses, telephones, hours of operation and admissions information are included. The guide is complemented by clearly marked maps that are linked to city attractions. This travel guide also features an itinerary with our suggestions for your travel route. Itineraries include links to individual attraction articles.
NEW FEATURE: The attraction articles now include links to Google Maps. On a dedicated electronic reader with a slow connection and a primitive browser, Google Maps will display the attraction on the map along with metro stations, roads, and nearby attractions. On an internet-enabled device such as the iPhone and the iPad, Google Maps will even show you the route from your current location to the attraction you want to go to.
Table of Contents:
Essentials: Stay Safe | Eat & Drink | Sleep
1. Tasmania: Geography & Climate | Destinations | History | Flora & Fauna | Culture | Events | Bays
2. Maps: Tasmania | Topography | Hobart | Wine Routes
3. Transport: Get in & around | Hobart International Airport | Airports
4. Attractions: See & Do | Top 10 | Huon Trail | Northwest Itinerary | East Itinerary | Tasmanian Wine
5. Hobart: Geography & Climate | History | Culture | Get in & around | Eat & Drink | Sleep
5.1 Attractions: Top 10 | See & Do | Museums | Buildings | Places
6. Cities: Bicheno | Burnie | Devonport | George Town | Launceston | Lauderdale | Port Arthur | Queenstown | Richmond | Ross | Scottsdale | Sheffield | St Helens | Stanley | Strahan | Wynyard
6.1 National Parks: Ben Lomond | Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair | Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers | Freycinet | Hartz Mountains | Maria Island | Mole Creek Karst | Mt Field | Narawntapu | Southwest | South Bruny | Tasman National Park | Walls of Jerusalem
6.2 Other Destinations: Bay of Fires | Bruny Island | Cataract Gorge Reserve | Great Oyster Bay | Huon Trail | Kimberley Warm Springs | King Island | Macquarie Island | Seven Mile Beach | South West Wilderness