The English is ... series offers an exciting and authoritative approach to the Australian Curriculum: English. Each unit is structured to inquire into the 'big ideas' or concepts that underpin English, leading students through a set of differentiated activities towards the knowledge, understanding and skills that will create literate citizens of the twenty-first century.
Designed to meet the needs of all students, this book features:
- full coverage of the Australian Curriculum: English content descriptions, including Language, Literature and Literacy links
- a variety of text extracts, including Asian and Indigenous texts, that are always at the centre of the learning
- differentiated activities with 'Getting started', 'Working through' and 'Going further' gradings
- Wordsmiths or mini-workshops that drill down to teach key skills in a 'Tell me, show me, let me do it' process
- custom-built canvas widgets for brainstorming and short-answer responses.